Followers

Search

April 08, 2024

. SIX MONTHS + 1 DAY (185). SWORDS OF IRON WAR.

MONDAY - 07.04.2024

A challenge to self: find one thing that is hard to be thankful for, and Thank God for it anyway.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:8)


One of the hardest things for me during this war, is to praise God for the situation. I thank Him for the miracles, for bringing the soldiers home and for everyone that survives this mayhem. Yet, it is hard not to tell Him how to run things.

So I thought that I need to start thanking Him daily for at least one thing that is hard to be thankful for. A challenge, we'll see how long I can do it.

Tkufat Maavar” - transitional period. This is the Israeli description for Spring and Autumn. It was 22 Celsius and sunny yesterday while today, the grey sky is crying rain.

I've been cold daily even when the temperature is 21 Celsius as it is today. Our son told me it is so because I'm old. Old people suffer from colds.

So God... thank you for my great age that is feeling cold daily. I would not want the alternative at this time...

Amen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day at a time is all we are given. Be thankful for the gift.


DANCE
We rarely see the passing sands,
that slide on through the glass.
When each sun sinks in molten sea
another comes, alas.
Too many hands raise sweeping by
with barely yet a glance
It’s up to us to slow the pace
and celebrate the dance.-dean

Orith said...

Thank you for your comments.
Blessings from Israel, Orith