Followers

Search

July 16, 2014

Old Maps

King David's Israel
When I turned the computer on this morning I had two surprises.  Our heir apparent returned from holidays and was on Skype; and the discussion about the borders of 1967 was on again.

I'm thankful to hear my son's voice.  I miss hearing from them more during these turbulent times.  It is good to know his news and know all is well with him and the family.  Praise God for looking after my sons, daughters-in-law, and granddaughters.

As for the 1967 borders, it is beyond my capacity of understanding.  No other country talks about old borders.  When the fight is over, the victor gets all and life goes on until Russia gets into the mix and does what it wants without negotiations.

So with your permission, may I suggest that Israel will go back to old maps and stop harassing the poor Arabs?  Yes, I know that there are Philistines, and Palestinians and Hezbollah and Hamas and Syrian and Egyptians and …more and more all over the place…but if we go back to some old maps, we'll sort it all out nicely.  

Are the 1967 A.D borders far enough back?  Why not go back to 970 B.C borders?  And the nations that don't exist any longer, well…we can always place these parts under the Israeli government and let them haggle over what tribe goes where….  Israel got 8 million people around the world that still need to return to this heat.

197th Day of Praise -
We praise You God Almighty who gives us hope and purpose daily.

Tongue in Cheek

Orith


No comments: