Followers

October 21, 2024

SWORDS OF IRON (381) & NORTHERN ARROWS

NAHARIYA, ISRAEL. Monday. 21.10.24

(Matthew 4:16)

The people who
sat in darkness have seen a great light,
And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.”


This verse was in my head when I woke up. My sight has been blurring in the last few days, and it is nagging at me. So I hear the Lord, and I think of the practical application for my eyes.

My heart is aching continuously for the abducted hostages. I pray for their release and ask God to bring them home miraculously. As do my prayer partners.

In our early morning prayer meeting this verse was repeated. I took it as a confirmation that God is hearing our prayers, sees our hearts and attends to our hopes.

God looks at everything through the view of eternity” - my best friend Helene [26 Oct 1942 - 19 Nov 2015], used to repeat often. As her birthday approaches, I remember her teaching. It still guides me, corrects my thoughts and brings me back to a closer relationship with Him.

In the current situation, as the war being referred to, it is not easy to keep my heart and mind on Him. The atmosphere around us affects my emotional state and sadness seeps into my being and floods it . I need to struggle often toward joy and hope and swim upward to God. At times it feels like I'm drowning, but a lifeline always thrown at me from somewhere helping me to hang on and surface up again.

Willie adopted a new habit, he reads Psalms to me each night. Surprisingly, it helps me to sleep more peaceful. God is my lifeline. I pray that the people around us will see Him also and surface up from the sadness that is flooding them. 

No comments: