Followers

Search

December 31, 2014

Freed Men - משוחררים


While reading the Bible in Hebrew, I received an unexpected reward:  A description of myself.

I met Yeshua when I was 30.  Since then I struggle with what to call myself.

Until I met Yeshua, I was a Secular Jew.  I am a Jew, it is my people group- it is my race.  Now, I am a Jew who believes that Yeshua is my Messiah.  I did not change my religion nor did I change my race, I only found my faith.

I don't think myself a Christian because I understand it to be a description of gentiles who are not Muslims, or Hindus or some other religion.  In many cases they are people who were born into a Christian home and they might be Catholic, Protestant or some other Christian denomination.  Among them are people who believe that Yeshua is the Saviour, they refer to themselves as believers.  

For a while, people referred to me as a Jewish-Christian; than I was told that "there is no such animal".   

A friend told me to explain that I am a Messianic Jew.  I am not sure how I feel about that…

God knew my struggles.  As I read His word in Hebrew, he gave me a gift, a description I can live with. 

In Acts 6:9, "The Holy Scriptures Hebrew and English Bible", I found "the Synagogue of Freedmen ".  In Hebrew it is "m-shu-ch-ra-rim" (I know that you cannot pronounce it, sorry about that, I understand) משוחררים.  This word in Hebrew translates to, "the ones who have been set free".

I am free to be who I am.  Race = Jew; Religion = none; Faith = Yeshua is my Messiah.  I do not follow do's and don'ts of man, I follow no religious practices.  I believe that the Bible [Tanach -Old Testament and Brit Chadasha -New Testament] is the true Word of God, and I am free to follow God because I love Him, not because I am required to do so by some law. 

Therefore, going into the year 2015 - I am describing myself as I found in the Holy Scriptures:  A Freed Jew.  יהודיה משוחררת.  I like that best.  I believe it describes everyone who follows Yeshua as Messiah: Jews and non-Jews.

Free to be who God created me to be. 

365th Day of Praise - I thank God for His word and for my blog readers.  I thank God for a new year, 2015 -year-of-our-Lord, the year of the Overcomer.

My New Year wish for you, my reader, is that you too will be freed.  That from this day on, God the Father will look at you through your faith in His Son, Yeshua; that the Son's righteousness will be your cloth and shield and will bring you from slavery to sin into freedom of forgiveness, holy and presentable to Elohim, so you live eternal life. 

May you live Free as God created you to be,

Happy and Free New Year to you,


Orith

No comments: