Followers Always Welcomed

Search

October 01, 2023

THE JOURNEY - Day 1


October 2023 (Tishrei 23 - Cheshvan 15, 5784). 

Like everyone on the planet, I also have been on a life journey - all my life. Today, I chose to take another step in the journey which is not that different from the previous ones, but, I want to record it daily for 30 days in October.

I am a spiritual being, living in a body and using my brain. Over time, I noticed that the three do not always agree with each other nor are they helping each other. However, I am learning that the older I get, the more I need to be aware of this unique relationship between my spirit, soul and body. It seems that a harmonious existence is the key to "a healthy soul in a healthy body".

My body had been complaining daily. It is paining, it tries hard to overcome aging issues, and it upsets the brain that wants to explore and learn and grow, and it upsets the spirit that rather praise and be thankful and feel youthful.

Because of physical damage, I was on medications for almost all of my life. There was a time when I was taking 21 different meds in a day. I rebelled one day and simply stopped taking them while telling God that He either healed me or killed me. Good that I did. I felt better and a few months later found out that two of those medications were involved in group lawsuits because of side effects such as strokes. God definitely was protecting me. Since then, I moved back to Israel. God is still teaching me new things, and I am still being healed.

Part of the healing process is a constant search for a healthy lifestyle. I've tried every diet available and found them all worked in part. However, I've learned some good things from each. I am trying this time, a combination of my own. I'm putting together foods and actions that seem the best for my body. With much prayer, reading and experimentation, I'm trying to create this coming month a program that is approved by God, will benefit my body, and makes sense. So the three parts of me will be in agreement and my journey will embark on good health.

Today, I started the day with two glasses of water, some medications, and a return for a ½ hour sleep. When I woke up again, I read my bible and prayed, had a shower and started my day. For Breakfast, I prepared a shake from a protein drink, almond milk, frozen fruit, and capsules of vegetables, fruits, and 5 omegas. For Lunch, I heated leftover chicken breast with cooked vegetables and for Supper, I had a salad and tuna. I drank about 2.5 litres of water. The kitchen closes at 19:00 and the plan is to have only water until the kitchen opens again at 07:00.

The physical activities today included conversing with my husband throughout the day; bus rides; 3 sets of 60 stairs; visiting the medical clinic; shopping; standing in the kitchen washing, cleaning and preparing salads & soup; washing and drying dishes; thinking a lot; answering phone calls; a very ordinary day. A total of 6545 steps on my watch.

The first day went according to plan. I feel accomplished and am ready for bed.

Good night, around 22:00.




No comments: