Followers Always Welcomed

Search

May 04, 2024

SWORDS OF IRON WAR. SIX MONTHS + 25 DAYS (211)

Fun Time

 04.05.2024. NAHARIYA, ISRAEL. SATURDAY EVENING.

One of the most difficult things for me to accomplish during this war was to be thankful. At one point I made a point to write on this blog, that I want to be thankful and try to do that daily.

I was, but then, I wasn't.

I thought of the verse in Psalm 106:1

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; His love endures forever.

Still, I found it hard. Yes, I thank Him that I am breathing today; that we have had no rockets for more than 24 hours; and that we met an interesting couple and spent time with them in Nahariya this afternoon; but, I found it hard to be thankful in ALL things.

After Pastor Peter spoke today, I asked God what is holding me back from closeness to Him. Am I missing something? He reminded me of my long-lasting wish to know the languages around me. There are 87 or so spoken tongues in Israel, and that could have changed since the last count. In a week, just strolling down main street Nahariya, I  hear Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, English, Turkish, French, Amharic, Italian, Spanish and some unknown / cannot tell for sure other tongues. I know only two languages, Hebrew and English. Lately, I have been losing my fluency in both. I forget words and concepts in both languages. There are times that I need to ask Willie to remind me of a word in one of them.

So today, I laughingly thank God that He did not allow me to learn more languages. “Can you imagine”, I said to self, “how many words you'll forget in all these languages, had you known them? What a confusion it would have been?!”

Then joyfully, I thank God that He allowed me to learn only two languages.

(Philippians 4:4) Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Praise God for another peaceful Shabbat.

Have a blessed week everyone.




1 comment:

Hadassah L. said...

Love your writing, so authentic & beautiful!