Followers

September 12, 2024

SWORDS OF IRON. 342 DAYS OF WAR.

 NAHARIYA, ISRAEL. Thursday. 12.9.2024

As I sat down to write, I noticed that my last blog entry was on Monday this week, three days ago. It felt much longer.

Nahariya was attacked this week and the hit 
was across the  field from us. 
No one hurt, thank God, but a new high-rise has a 
hole in its wall and three cars were damaged.  
The cat escaped to her hiding place under the bed, 
Willie was Volunteering in the Hospital and took cover in the
shelter over there, and I covered my ears for the noise was 
deafening.  I walked to the south bedroom and stayed
there for the duration of the 5 sirens.
To my surprise, I was cool, calm and collect. I felt peace in 
my heart, and a bit annoyed that I had to moved from 
whatever it was that I was doing. 

There was no fear in me.

(Acts 17: 28) For in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’

Since I accepted Yeshua, I came to the realization that I no longer fear death. Without the fear of death, no fear plagues me. No, I don't fear for others, I pray for them instead.

Sleep, however, took longer to come during the night. So I found a few verses and recited them before bed.

For so He gives His beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2)


I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; 

For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)


When you lie down, you will not be afraid;

Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. 

(Proverb 3:24)


God answered prayers, and I slept great. So well, in fact, that I did not wake up on time for the morning prayers on Zoom, until this morning.

It was good that I woke up on time today. Our leader shared with us:

(2 Corinthians 13:11) “Finally, brethren, rejoice. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

Paul, apparently, wrote this during the time of Nero coming to power in Rome and persecuting the Christians (AD 54). Nero was notorious for his cruelty and debauchery. He ascended to power aged 16 and died at 30. He ruled at a time of great social and political change, overseeing momentous events such as the Great Fire of Rome and Boudica's rebellion in Britain.

Yet, Paul writes, “rejoice”.

After the events of this week, I understand him. I checked on my neighbours and made sure everyone survived the bombing, not only physically but also emotionally. It is the trauma that affects us like a silent killer of joy. But Yeshua has the victory over death and our joy may be full in Him. What we need now to spread the word – Our Messiah is alive and well and is with us. We know and feel him, especially in the war.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

It is also written:

(Psalm 30:5) For His anger is but for a moment,
His favour is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.

ENJOY. Be joyous. It is the Will of God. 

IT IS ONE PM AND THE BOOMING GOT CLOSER TO US AGAIN.  WE'RE HEADING TO THE SOUTH BEDROOM FOR AN AFTERNOON NAP.  IT IS RATHER COOL BEING OLD FOLKS...

2 comments:

Debbie Dorr said...

We continue to pray for you and Willie in Nahariya. Too close , much too close. Stay strong in Him. Love you

Orith said...

We Need each and every prayer, truthfully - your prayers are being answered. Thank you. We love you two as well.'