Followers

Search

April 04, 2024

DAY 181. SWORDS OF IRON WAR.

Ready for sirens
THURSDAY. 

Willie read my note to self and bought lots of chocolate balls, we are ready for any unexpected siren! Yea. Mind you, I expect to run out of them before any sirens hurt our ears again.

While my man was in his volunteering post doing EKG and such, I started on Passover cleaning at home. Every year I plan 3 weeks of cleaning for the holidays, and this year I started a few days late. The linen closet is now spotless. I emptied it, wiped it clean, rearranged things and put some big items in big bags, planning to give them away. The wash is done, and Willie came home and cleaned a window. Now to ironing, and to planning the rest of the dust-attack. It seems to take longer each year, it must be the age thing. But, all has to be done before the Passover, according to a very important Mitzvah in the Torah, “thou shall clean your dwelling from all Leaven and cook weird foods, enough to feed the army”, (based on Exodus 12:15).

Reality check: And be exhausted for the High Holidays.

The entire time I thought to myself, 'Lebanon better not send to us rockets or the whole hard work will be for nothing and the place will be full of dust and broken cement'.

Illogical? Not really. After all, we did have sirens the other evening.

Our congregation plans to have a “together Seder”; Yes, we signed up. That's a treat. They even arranged for the two of us a place to sleep overnight since no public transportation is available. I am looking forward to it. I love Pesach.

Back to the grind...

Wishing a blessing to each of you from the Freedom Giver.


No comments: