Followers

May 30, 2024

237 days to “Swords of Iron War”. 30.05.2024. Nahariya, Israel.

Thursday. 37 days to the count of the Omer.

A Hedge of Protection


When a nation is in the middle of a war, and when we as individuals are under attack, it is difficult to think about God's goodness and promises.

But this is the precise time that we need to turn to God.

This is the time to remember His promises to us and quote them back to Him as a prayer and expectation.

I was reminded this morning of the following verses:

    So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
    The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust,
    My great army which I sent among you.
    You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the Lord your God,
    Who has dealt wondrously with you;
    And My people shall never be put to shame.
    Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel:
    I am the Lord your God And there is no other.
    My people shall never be put to shame.”    
    (Joel 2:25-27)

Twice God says, “My people shall never be put to shame”. What a great promise!

As with all of God's promises, these verses are for individuals and the nation.

So I claim the above verses, for Israel and for us.

Praise be to God, the creator of the universe:

-who raises the dead

-who gives sight to the blind

-who frees the captive

-who gives strength to the weak.

Praise be to God, the creator of the universe who pours mercy on His People. 

No comments: