Followers Always Welcomed

Search

May 09, 2024

Swords Of Iron War. 7 Months + 2 days (216). 16 TO THE OMER.

 09.05.2024. Nahariya, Israel. Thursday

Another Puzzle. 


(Psalm 118:1-2)

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

Let Israel now say, “His mercy endures forever.”

Yesterday the eye doctor's office postponed my appointment to another 2 weeks. Yes, I did not like it one bit. Calming myself the best I could, I kept thinking of the old Hebrew saying, “kol akiva le'tova” (every postponement is for the best). This morning after prayer, the phone rang. “Are you up? I fell last night can you come?”

Our 86-year-old friend called. Willie and I ran upstairs. She fell last night but did not want to wake us up, so she slept on the floor until she called at 7:00. Because my appointment was cancelled, we could help her up from the floor. I stayed with her after giving her some water, some food, and helping to make the coffee. We checked her vitals and she was ok. Thank God for the prayer group who prayed for her with us and for God looking after her. I guess changing appointments are in His will, sometimes.

While I spent my day between my home and hers, the booming from the border sounded very close, rattling our windows. In one instance a fire broke up where the rocket hit and we could see and smell the smoke. Nahariya is quiet except for the planes flying overhead that are still at it after 22:00.

(Luke 15:4-5) “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.



No comments: