Followers

July 17, 2024

WEDNESDAY. 285 days Swords of Iron War.

Nahariya, Israel.

Winter Look...

I can plan, but God …(Psalm 16:9) A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.

I planned to follow Willie to bed last night. A few organizational items came up and I needed to take care of them... but, I never made it to bed until 04:30 am.

Rockets started to sound in the evening. A siren could be heard from the surrounding settlements. While I tried to complete the tasks on hand, the missiles came closer. By the time the sirens sounded around our hospital, I almost emptied the fridge. Any leftovers of that great Kosher Chinese food, any fresh veggies, any waffles in the drawers, any... yap, I just munched. I also drank at least 3 liters of water and soda water during that long night.

Rockets and sirens make me nervous. The noise is upsetting, it stops one's sleep and it gives one a sense of disorientation. Chewing helps the nervous energy. Maybe I should start chewing gum.

At one point during the night, I video myself talking about healthy habits. I've never done that before and it was fun to do that. Better concentrate on some positive things since I cannot add to the war efforts in any other way. I recorded it in Hebrew, so I might record one in English and add it to the blog.

My man is smart. He took a sleeping pill and slept right through the night. Both of us stayed in horizontal position later today. All I planned to do fell by the wayside, only now at 6:30 pm toward the evening, I am a bit awake. Not sure if I'll accomplish anything. I pray that God will give me a good sleep without a sleeping pill.

tonight, we recalled an old hymn,

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace".

Tomorrow is another day




No comments: