Followers

Search

May 19, 2020

OLD WOMAN DANCE

There is a Dance inside me brewing,

Waiting to express itself in song,

And while my body tries to follow,

The steps are taking... just too long.


I woke with pain all over,

Willie pulled my leg with hope,

Yet the wall is what I leaned on

Trying to regain my walk.


“I'm hurting again all over,

I'm fat and just so old”

“That's a lie, right from the devil”

Said my man, “you've got to stop”


“Forty years I know your body,

You are healthy, you are strong

You are perfect and exactly

As your age requires, I'm never wrong”


With a sad smile, I continued.

Leaning on things, trying to walk

cleaning house, praying and blessings

Only God heard my grief and lose


When the house had shone like a diamond,

Floor and blinds, sink and tiles

Pain subsided; a song developed,

And my heart was satisfied.


My God loves me, so does my man

What else I need? I ask you all.

I have done all that I can,

Leaning on Love, I'm ten feet tall.


Orith. Nahariya. June 28, 2019.


No comments: